UPDATE: Now you can just upload your PDF in Flipsnack and add the links within our editor. No need to install anything on your computer or learn how a new complicated software works. Let me present you three simple and smart ways in which you can hyperlink a PDF with Flipsnack:
Hyperlink layer. Once you have uploaded the PDF on our platform, go to our editor and select Link -> Hyperlink to create a new hyperlink layer. Place it over the element which you want to become clickable, insert the link in the URL section, and modify the opacity of the layer as you prefer.
Direct link on the element. Any element introduced in the PDF with the Flipsnack editor can become clickable. Just select the element and insert the desired link in the URL section, as in this example. It’s as easy as 1,2,3!
Auto-create web links. Do you have many links in your PDF and you would like them to be clickable in the digital version, too? No problem. Upload the PDF in Flipsnack, go to the Customize tab, and check the “Auto-create web links” feature. In this way, the links will become clickable automatically. But don’t believe me, upload your PDF and try it yourself!
How to hyperlink a PDF in Google Docs:
- I suggest you gather all your information in a Google Docs file. All you need is a Google account, and it’s free.
- Select the word or phrase you want to be hyperlinked.
- Go to insert link button.
- Write the destination URL, click Ok.
- Turn your doc to PDF (Click File, then Download as and select PDF Document.
How to hyperlink a PDF in Word
- Just like with Google Docs, you have to first select the word, phrase or image you want to be hyperlinked.
- On the Insert tab, in the Links group, click Hyperlink.
- Select Existing File or Web Page under Link to, and then type the web address in the Address box. Done!
- Export your document as PDF. Go to File – Save as – Adobe PDF
How to hyperlink a PDF in InDesign
- Open the document that you want to add a hyperlink to.
- Choose Window→Interactive→Hyperlinks to open the Hyperlinks panel.
- Select the text, image or area that you want to hyperlink.
- Click Create New Hyperlink in the Hyperlinks panel. It will open a New Hyperlink dialog box. – Make sure that URL is selected in the Type drop-down list and write the URL in the URL text field. Choose an appearance for the clickable text, then click OK.
- Make sure that the Hyperlinks check box is selected in the Export PDF dialog box when you create the PDF file.
How to hyperlink a PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro XI
- Choose Tools > Content editing > Add or Edit Link.
- Select the area that you want to hyperlink.
- In the Create Link dialog box, choose the options you want for the link appearance and select “Open a Web Page” for the link action.
- Click Next and enter the link.
- Click Ok.
Here’s an example of a Flipsnack with hyperlinks in it. Now, that you know how you can make one yourself, which option is your favorite?
Also, if you’re interested in adding internal links in your PDF files, check out our other article that teaches you how to link to other pages from within your document.