Today we’re releasing another software update: a Print option for your flipbooks. It allows you (and readers) to print your Flipsnack publication directly from your computer or mobile device, if it is connected to a printer.
We don’t do printing on demand (we don’t have contracts with printing houses to make these for you), so please don’t order copies through our service.
There were a significant number of requests for this feature.
Many of you want to enable the print option for your clients or readers, so that they can read your content both online and offline. Some want the print option just for personal purposes.
The good news is that now you can print your publication for yourself, and let everyone else do the same.
How does it work
You don’t need to worry about any privacy issues, because the power to enable/ disable this feature is in your hands. We are aware that many of you do not want to offer the Print option for your flipbooks, for various reasons. This is why the printing option is off by default.
Here’s how you can enable it, if you are interested in offering this option to your readers:
1. First you need to Upload a PDF and proceed to the next step: Customize. That’s where you can enable the Print option.
By turning it on, you allow anyone who interacts with your flipbook to print a copy of your publication.
The option can be turned on and off at anytime, even after you publish, so you can make the Print option available for a limited period of time. Just click Edit to return to the Customize area and make the change.
2. After you enable the print, hit Publish.
3. View the publication in full screen. A Print button will appear on the top left, right next to Share or Download PDF.
4. Click the button. When clicked, it will open your PDF in a new tab and you will also see the next step that you need to take. Depending on the browser that you are using, you will either see a Print button that will open a print dialog, or the print dialog directly.
5. Your default printer will appear pre-selected. If it doesn’t appear, you need to connect your device to a printer.
6. Next, you can change the number of copies to print, the paper size, color and orientation. Click Print.
What else you should to know
The Print option is available for every flipbook, regardless of how it was created: from PDF or in our editor.
The quality of the printed PDF is as good as the quality of the PDF that you have uploaded earlier on Flipsnack. That is, if you don’t do any editing in Flipsnack. It’s recommended to make a PDF that’s optimised for both web and print if you intend to enable the Print.
For the flipbooks created in our editor we will automatically generate a high quality PDF, that’s ready for Print.
One other thing that is important to know is that this is a premium option. Free users need to upgrade to a paid plan if they want to use this feature. All premium plans grant access to Print, including Starter.
We hope you’ll find this helpful. If you have any questions about printing, please let us know in comments!