Tips & benefits of using a PDF page turner
Static PDFs are alright, but page turning PDFs are better, because they are more interactive and engaging.
There are many advantages in using a PDF page turner and we’re going to discuss them.
But most importantly, I’ll share with you how to create page turning PDF very easily, in just a few minutes.
Benefits of using PDF page transitions
- Give your PDF some pizzazz. The page turning effect makes your PDF look more interesting and stylish. The animation brings the document to life, which is why readers will find it more engaging.
- Real book feel. The PDF page flip effect is so realistic, making your digital documents look lifelike. Readers will interact with them in a natural way, because reading page turning PDFs feels just like reading a printed magazine or book. You can actually grab the page corner with the mouse and the page curls and turns as you drag the mouse. It’s pretty cool!
- Better reading experience. There’s nothing wrong with static PDFs, but sometimes the interaction is less than ideal. Remember that moment when you have to zoom out to see an entire page? Or that moment when you keep scrolling and scrolling, trying to find something? In some cases, the classic PDF just doesn’t deliver what we need, because the format is not tailored for visual learners. A simple PDF conversion to flipbook will fix all of these issues.
- Display double layouts. Many PDF documents are made for print, so they are designed with facing pages. Double page layouts look very good, but the pages have to be displayed together, so the reader can see the entire design. This becomes a problem when you use a standard PDF, when images and layouts get cut in half. The reader only gets to see half of the design at a time. It’s just sad.
Luckily, when you use a page turning tool, pages are displayed just like in a real book. No more cropped pages. Suddenly double layouts make sense again in digital documents.
PDF page turner software
With the right software, it’s so easy to get the PDF page flip effect!
We recommend Flipsnack for multiple reasons:
- No need to install software on your computer, because Flipsnack works online
- Just upload PDF – we’ll take care of everything else, including server hosting services
- Super fast conversion guaranteed, from static PDF to page turning flipbook
- Download your page turning PDF on your computer for offline use (premium feature)
- Website integration is very easy, just copy and paste the embed code that we provide
- Free, for up to 15 pages. If you want more, you can upgrade to a paid plan
How to add the PDF page turning effect
This is where Flipsnack comes into play, though you will not need a detailed tutorial to help you make a flipbook out of your PDF.
- Go to flipsnack.com and sign up.
- Now that you’re logged in, you can upload your PDF and turn it into a flipbook, so that you can see that beautiful page turning animation.
- Click on the Upload PDF button and upload your files. You can upload one or more files. In the latter case you can merge files and rearrange their order. As soon as your files are uploaded, you can proceed to the next step by clicking ‘Next’.
- You will see a preview on the right, where you can already check the page turning effects, applied to your PDF. On the left there’s a panel of settings containing functionality, navigation and personalization options. Customize your flipbook according to your preferences or needs and move on to the next step, by clicking ‘Next’.
- Now your page turning catalog is ready to be published. There are just a few last details that you have to set: title, description, category, visibility and scheduling options. These are important aspects to consider because they can boost your catalog’s visibility. You can also keep it private, so that only people who know the link to the online magazine can view it.
- As soon as you click Publish now, your catalog will be set live.
- You can go ahead and share it right away by using one of the suggested methods, or you can do that later. That’s all!
PDF page transitions in HTML5
Perhaps you’ve seen other interesting page transitions for PDF presentations, created in InDesign. Truthfully, Flipsnack is not the only tool that can be used to make PDF pages interactive. It’s possible to create some interesting page transition effects in InDesign or with other online tools, but beware the Flash.
Flash is an outdated technology that was very popular once. Now it’s prone to vulnerabilities, so browsers are blocking all Flash content. Despite these issues, most flipbook makers are still Flash-based, so they should be avoided. Accessibility is very important for your stylish PDF presentation, right?
With Flipsnack you can create a HTML5 page flip PDF easily. You should want page flip transitions in HTML5, because it’s a modern technology that works great in any modern browser and on any device, including mobiles. And just in case you were wondering, it can use the same page flip effect on smartphones and tablets. The default setting is ‘slide’ on mobiles, but you can change that in settings (second step after upload).
These are some reasons why you should use our HTML5 flipbook maker to get beautiful PDF page transitions.
So, are you ready to create your first page turning PDF? Tell us what you think about Flipsnack!